It’s essential to get update your firmware software of Asus router or Asus extender because most of the time network connectivity get failed because of outdated firmware software.
Follow these steps to update your Asus router and extender:
- First of all, check your Asus router model number and on browser go to link Router.asus.com and check the latest version of firmware for that Asus wi-fi router
- Now, download that firmware software from Router.asus.comFor to download the latest firmware first browse the link Router.asus.com then
- Find the Tab Driver and Utility
- In Driver Section find the bios and firmware
- Find your Asus wi-fi router firmware latest driver and download that in your favourable folder on your device.
- That file will get downloaded in Rar file format so, we have to extract that file.
- Now, In the Extracted folder you will find the file named .trx file
2. Find the IP address of your computer device
For Windows Users follow these steps:
- Go to the Asus Support Official site: Router.asus.com
- Find “Driver and Tools” on the support page and click on it
- Now, select: Asus Device Recovery” and the latest firmware download that
- Now, Extract that zip file, You will find the discovery.exe file
- Run that Discovery.exe file. Follow all instruction of Installationsheild Wizard and get complete all installation process
- After the completion of the installation, click on the icon to get your device Ip address.
For MAC users:
- Follow the given link and download that application in your MAC device: https://itunes.apple.com/app/asus-device-discovery/id995124504
- After completion of the download and installation process, you will get an icon on your system
- Click on that icon and get the IP address of your system
For Android Users:
- Go to Google Play and download the Asus device discovery or follow the link which redirects you to the play store
- You can directly download that application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asustek
- Now, Launch your App and complete the installation if face any issue while installation then go through Router.asus.com
- Now, Refresh the Application at the left corner you will get the IP address
For IOS users
- Go through the App via directly from going to Apple play store > Enter Asus Device Discovery
- Or else follow the link and get redirect to that page: https://itunes.apple.com/app/asus-device-discovery/id1060015630
- After completion of Download and Installation refresh your application
- You will get your IP address.
Upload your firmware file to your device
- Open the default browser
- Enter the IP address of Asus router or else enter the Asus router login link: Router.asus.com or repeater.asus.com press Enter
- You will get redirect to Asus router login page there you have to enter the Asus router default password and username and then press Login
- Now, Asus router setup page gets accessed
Note: The default username and password are not the same as the SSID name and password of your Asus Wi-Fi router.
Note: If you forgot your Asus router login details then you have to use the Asus router reset or factory reset method. For to convert your Asus router or extender in their previous recovered mode. So, For to get reset the router password we have to hold the reset button for 8-10 seconds
- Now, after getting logged in to your Asus router setup page click on the Firmware version which is located at the right top corner
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade page and select the choose file option or click on upload to upload the latest firmware version file
Manual Firmware I only update your Aimesh router/node, if you are one of the aimesh users then be aware that you are using the proper upgrade version of the firmware
- Select the unzipped file like .trx or discovery.exe file and click open which shows at the bottom right corner of the box
- Make sure that you have selected the right file and then click on the upload button
- After a couple of minutes, the file gets uploaded then switch off and on the Asus router and extender to reboot manually
- Again login through Asus router login link: Router.asus.com or repeater.asus.com
- And In Asus router setup page check the firmware gets updated or not
How do log in to the range extender device?
Before getting logged in through range extender we have to make sure about their configuration done or not. If the configuration is not done yet then first of all configure them.
Follow these steps to get configure your Asus extender:
- Open your default web browser and enter the link: Router.asus.com or IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter
- Your Asus router login page will display there you just have to enter the default username and password. The default username and password of Asus router is admin
- Press Enter, you will successfully get accessed the Asus router setup page there click on the Advanced setting Which is left side of Asus router setup page
- Next page you will see operation mode by default get selected
- You have to enable the repeater mode and save the Asus router setup wizard
- List of activated network display on your screen, select the network which you want to extend
- Enter the security key or password for the extended network
- For using the same network login credential check on the default setting network.
- Otherwise uncheck it set the SSID name and password for extended network
- Press Apply and Save